So maybe I won’t ever be able to commit to Paleo or cut out all processed foods… and maybe one day I will. I have definitely tried to reduce the amount I consume and be more intentional about healthy, clean foods. By far, the best decision I made in 2014 was to start drinking diluted Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water. I was able to stop taking Zantac because I began doing that and overall, I just feel better.
The gym membership is being used. Some weeks I’m better than others. I don’t always get 10,000 steps in, but I’m being more intentional about my movement. I was thinking the other day about all the vegetables I have never really tried. I would be terrible if I bought a bunch of produce to try all in one week, but I think I can try something new once a week and be successful.
As I began to research this (aka Pinterest), I realized there are quite a few vegetables that are intriguing and I can’t deny that I love a good challenge. I really do. Planning to try some challenging things sewing-wise over spring break!! (can’t wait)
Another tidbit: I love vegetables, so its not like I’m forcing myself to eat something I don’t think I’ll like. I just want to expand my options and know what I can make when I am standing in the produce section. I’ve researched CSA produce boxes, but I don’t think there are any too conveniently located right now. Maybe one day!
This looks interesting :Alphabet of Vegetables
|via ohio state university|
Vegetables I love and eat on a regular basis:
- sweet potatoes – kinda addicted to slicing these bad boys up and baking them for 30 min to make a delicious treat
- avocados -makes everything better…firm believer!
- spinach -in salad and smoothie form
- carrots -love crunchy things
- snap peas – my FAVE snack
- green beans
- bell peppers sauteed with onions
- pumpkin (seasonally)
- beets -hopefully they taste as good as they look
- mushrooms – branching out here
- spaghetti squash -it just looks fun
- brussel sprouts